~Japanese Word/Phrase o' the Week~
What is the point of this page? I have no idea, just that every week, I'll have a Japanese word or phrase that I think is useful or humorous. =^.^= Therefore, this is J-WEEKLY! I study Japanese and have been loving and learning it for over three years now. I'll never claim to be very good, but my major in college is Japanese, so let's hope I can communicate with reasonable accuracy. Come learn Japanese from...me! x.X;
Note: I put kanji characters directly on the webpage. To view these correctly you need Japanese language settings on your computer or a Japanese word-processing program, otherwise they appear as boxes or funky symbols.
Kanji [Hiragana] Romanji ~ English
Sonna ni nekura ni nattenai de! Odorou yo! Tanjoubi da!
Don't be so depressing! Let's dance! It's your birthday!
It's been a while since I've posted a long random sentence like this. So here you go. You don't really learn anything with this, it's just supposed to be silly. Hell, I dare you to go around Japan saying it. That thought entertains me. Sorry if this one's dull though, I'm too lazy to give you something educational...or the kanji...or explanations of the words. Oh well! Next week is #50, so I'll have to think of something good!!
1) Himitsu ~ Secret
2) Shinu hodo hazukashii yo! Obaa-chan mambiki shitere toki tsukamatchatte saa! ~ I'm so embarassed I could die! They caught granny shoplifting!
3) Teishukanpaku ~ Tyrannical Husband
4) The Otaku-Speak Battle Sequence
5) Sorosoro ~ Soon
6) Mori ~ Forest/Woods
7) Fuzekeruna! ~ Don't kid with me!
8) Chou ~ Very//Maji ~ Really?
9) Bara ~ Rose
10) Anta baka ~ You idiot
11) Suki ~ Like//Kirai ~ Hate
12) Wasureru ~ To forget
13) Hohoemi ~ A smile
14) Raabu Retaa ~ Love Letter (see picture HERE)
15) Tanoshii! ~ Fun!
16) Tokoro dokoro ~ Here and there
17) Betsu ni ~ Nothing
18) Kami-sama ~ God//Megami ~ Goddess
19) Joudan ~ Jest, joke
20) O-tanjoubi omedetou ~ Happy birthday
21) Mukashi mukashi ~ Once upon a time
22) Hisashiburi de ~ Long time, no see
23) Ryokou ~ Travel, trip
24) Usagi ~ Rabbit
25) Momo ~ Peach//Sumomo ~ Plum
26) Chokan ~ Intuition
27) Otaku ~ House
28) Okaasan ~ Mother
29) Daigaku ~ College
30) Asameshi Mae ~ Piece of Cake!
31) Ninja ~ Ninja//Kaizoku ~ Pirate
32) Osoreru ~ To fear
33) Gaikokujin ~ Foreigner
34) Iku ~ To go
35) Otearai ~ Washroom (Bathroom)
36) Ana ga attara hairitai ~ I want to crawl in a hole and die
38) Chi ~ Blood
39) Rainbow ~ Niji (and Colours!)
40) Shukudai ~ Homework
41) Kaimono o suru ~ To shop//Kaimasu ~ To buy
42) Namakemono ~ Lazy//Tsukareru ~ To be exhausted//Nemui ~ Sleepy//Neru ~ To sleep
43) Tadaima ~ I'm home//Okaeri nasai ~ Welcome home
44) Itte kimasu ~ I'm leaving//Itte rasshai ~ Please go and come back
45) Yasumi ~ Vaction, break//Yasumu ~ To rest
47) Mamori ~ Protection, defense//Mamoru ~ To protect
48) Oyogu ~ To swim
49) Sonna ni nekura ni nattenai de! Odorou yo! Tanjoubi da! ~ Don't be so depressing! Let's dance! It's your birthday!
What will next week's word or phrase be?
Chibi-Xellos says: "Sore wa himitsu desu!"